Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm productive, I swear.

I don't talk about work much, partly because I feel like I haven't gotten much done. I haven't really, but yesterday I sent out a draft of my global biotech trends paper to my bosses and they seem to be happy with my progress so far. I figured I'd post a couple of the papers I've written here in case anyone is interested.

Global Trends in Biotechnology - This is sort of an outline of what my final report will look like. I have all sorts of data to add to the descriptions here, and I'm probably going to spend much of my remaining time here collecting more.

Memo to UNIDO China staff about how biotech fits into the UNIDO mandate - This might be a more interesting read. I try to explain science to economists and accountants, so maybe you'll learn a thing or two about ethanol or GM crops or something.

Today I formulated a list of questions to send to the Ministry of Science and Technology. The idea is that I'll be able to set up a meeting with an official and get a bunch of statistics and data from them, or at least backing to conduct a survey of Chinese biotech firms.

No comments: