Friday, June 15, 2012

Stykkisholmer to Olafsvik part 2


Then we crossed or went around a couple of fjords, each prettier than the last. I clocked 38.8 mph coming down one of the fjord cliffs, which feels awfully fast on a loaded bike. 






Neither Daria nor I are horse people, but the Icelandic horses are always friendly and curious when we go by, and will cluster at fences. 



Finally we caught sight of Snaefellsjokull glacier, the icy fist at the end of the peninsula. 



My reward for our arrival was a typical Icelandic hot dog. These stands seem to be in just about every town. My order had baked beans, fried onions, aw onions, creamy relish, brown mustard, cheese, a salty spice mix. The dog itself was deep fried. Decadent and perfect after conquering fjords. 



Sent from my phone

No comments: